JOIN THE BALWEARIE LOTTERY TO RAISE FUNDS TO HELP IMPROVE OUR CHILDREN’S SCHOOL
For as little as £2 per month you could support your school and be in with a chance of a cash prize each month. 50% of the money raised goes to the school & 50% is given out in cash prizes. Every month there are 3 prizes - so you have 3 chances to win. The more people that take part, the bigger the cash prizes!
The Lottery is a really great way of raising funds to help us support lots of different projects in school and to help purchase extra equipment. Any parent or carer of a pupil at Balwearie High School can help decide which school projects receive funding from the Parent Voice. In November 2021, proceeds from the Lottery (£1,800) helped to pay for the following:
- kit for the Young STEM Leaders in S6 to enable them to run coding sessions for younger pupils;
- theatre tickets for pupils studying Drama to help overcome financial barriers;
- a Lego Mindstorm kit for the Design & Technology department, helping promote engineering;
- resources for the DAS to create a brand-new nurture base in the department;
- large cake tins and hand-held mixers for Home Economics to use for the new NPA Bakery class and two Practical Cake Craft classes; and
- places on the Duke of Edinburgh scheme for disadvantaged pupils who may be unable to access the award due to financial barriers.
The Balwearie Lottery is open to anyone over 16 years of age who has an interest in supporting Balwearie High School, so family and friends can take part too.
Previously run by the Balwearie Fundraising Group, the Lottery is being incorporated into the Parent Voice.
Balwearie Lottery is registered by the Fife Licensing Board as; Balwearie High School Parent Voice (1060)